homeabout""fashiondiypr friendlylets chat

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Barry Manilow came to Nashville and All I got was this vLog

People. Barry freaking Manilow happened this weekend. Ooohhmmmeeegggaaawwwddd!!!!

So here's the scoop. Now if you know me, you know I love me some Barry Manilow. Yes, it's probably weird but I love him, since I know like 5 words from his songs but I just love him. He's awesome. My mother in law and I always talked about how we wanted to go to Vegas and see him but we never got to go and do that. When I heard he was coming to Nashville I thought there was no way I was paying that crazy amount of money to see him, especially because it would be a waste of good money to see him just for what I imagined would be awkwardness. BUT about a week and a half ago Ticketmaster opened up some tickets to see Barry Manilow for $9.99 a ticket. Did you hear that? And the seats... they weren't up at the top. They were in the first sections, not ground level but in that court-side seating-ish. So I called up my mother in law and bought those suckers up. So yeah. We saw Barry Manilow last Saturday. And all I can say is that it was interestingly AWESOME!! I even made a video for you to explain. From the random old man crotch shots and the weird dancing. All of it. WAS. AWESOME!  So look below for my video. Oh and pictures too.

Sweater: The Gap (definitely did not pay this much for it, and this color seems a bit greenier), Top: Lily White, Cami: in Mushroom Express, Belt: BP, Jeans: Express, Boots: Corso Como, Jewelry: Express, Glasses: Coastal Contact, Fancy Glow Stick: C/O Barry Manilow
*Side note: I work at Express part-time, which is why you will find that 70% of my wardrobe (especially jeans) come from there. I don't wear their clothes because I get a discount. I work there so I can get their clothes with my discount. I've worked there off and on for 6 years because I've always shopped there. I know I don't need to explain but I just like to keep it real with my readers. :)



First I took a photo of my mother in law and I

Then I took a photo of me and my gum. :)

Hot dang! Barry Manilow showed up.

And he sang a little.

Or a lot.

Then he danced.

Then I danced.

Then he was happy.

Then he played on the piano.

Then others played the piano and he sang.

Then he showed us some album covers.

Then he changed to a fancy jacket.

Then this guy pretend to be an orchestra leader dude (he wasn't one)

So yeah. It was fun! I have a ton of other photos but I didn't want to get you too excited from the awesomeness that it was. Oh wait. I should also note that Barry sang one of his songs while one of his backup singers rapped in between sections. Yep. That also happened. I didn't get to record that because I didn't think about it between my laughing. Who raps to Barry Manilow? Who? HA!

xo, Steph

0 Lovely Notes:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. Its what all the cool kids are doing... or maybe not but you should still do it. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...