homeabout""fashiondiypr friendlylets chat

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Insecurities and Currently's and a Hodge Podge of things

I was reading The Paper Mama's blog post the other day, The bad side…. and a self photo challenge! and was inspired. I wont bore you trying to unsuccessfully describe of her post, you can read the awesome post yourself, but the way she handles it was inspiring. I don't get a lot of commenters here, not nearly as many readers as she does, so I don't get any mean comments, well not yet. And hopefully, if I get to as many readers as she does and someone says something mean about any of my physical features I will remember to be graceful and not totally mean about it. Also to remember that I AM BEAUTIFUL and GREAT and AWESOME and heck I LIKE ME.  But it also brought to light the things that I am insecure about in myself. The biggest is getting older. No longer are the days of me being in my early 20's, I'm so into my late 20's that in 4 short months I will start the last year of my 20's. This is why I want to have a big bash for my 30th so that maybe I wont sit at home that day depressed about it. The fact is that I'm getting older and I need to understand that I'm going to get wrinkles (or have them already but I'm not ready to accept that so don't blast me in a comment because I know they are there... shh... just don't remind me). And sure I have bifocals and when people see the line in my glasses they make a comment about me being too young for bifocals, in what I know is an attempt to say I'm young but... come on... I'm a girl. I don't take those as compliments. I usually bring it up first so that no one will say it to me. I realize that these are the things that I can't change. I'm getting older, and hopefully (fingers crossed) wiser. So I need to accept it. Get over it. And let myself age gracefully.  So there you have it folks. I'm getting old. So what!?!

Oh and because The Paper Mama posted her Currently's I wanted to post mine.

Obsessing over…

Trying to figure out how to make my blog look cuter and fun. I played with some fonts and a little with the sidebar but I REALLY want to get this blog to look cool and fresh!! (Who says fresh these days?)

Working on…

Podcamp. I'm not super heavily involved as some of the other members of our planning crew, but I'm the Volunteer Coordinator for the Day of Events so trying to find people who want to volunteer is a new and fun task. Speaking of... Anyone in Nashville wanna volunteer? It'll be fun and cool, and you'll get a rad shirt and get to hang with me that day. :) (p.s. wanna know more about Podcamp? I'll talk about it in another blog post)

Thinking about…

Blogging. I feel way behind this week. I try to plan blogs in advance, at least ideas but I haven't this week. So it's gonna be a wing it kinda week. I need to make a blog binder so I can think of ideas and put it in there for weeks like this one.

Anticipating…

So I cant talk about it. But there are some exciting things coming up in the next few months. All I can say is that I'm planning a trip to CA but I can't share why or when. Oh and hubs and I are going to Columbus early next month for The ARNOLD!!!! We get to see some rad fitness people and see competitions and go to the Expo and maybe if she's there I'll get to meet Jamie Eason!!

Listening to…

The Civil Wars, yep. Still obsessed. And my CD player doesn't work in my car so I listen to it on my way home too via my iPad. Its like when I was 20 and someone stole my radio and I had to buy a portable radio in order to play music. I went through a lot of D batteries then.

Eating…

Drinking my Sugar Free Skinny Hazelnut Latte from Starbucks that I bought about 6 hours ago. Eww? I think not!

Wishing…

That hubs and I could buy a house. Or at least move into one. Living in a Condo is getting kinda old. Sharing a wall with neighbors is getting old. 2012 wont be the year for that but maybe 2013 or 2014. :)

Linking up with The Paper Mama for her Self Photo Challenge! 

So thats it folks. Oh and if you want to do this too you should. It's fun and stuff. :)

p.s. I know I posted this selfy last week but I wanted to share it again cause I was wearing my bifocals and my wrinkles were present. :)

xo, Steph

0 Lovely Notes:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. Its what all the cool kids are doing... or maybe not but you should still do it. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...