homeabout""fashiondiypr friendlylets chat

Friday, December 2, 2011

Under Eye Circle Quick Fix Tutorial





Thanks to L'Oreal for sponsoring my post about my favorite beauty looks, tips and tricks! Check out Makeup.com for beauty advice from the experts.

Although this is sponsored all the words and thoughts are my own... especially the goofy ones. You'll see in a few.

We all have those mornings, especially after those holiday parties. We wake up and EWWW we have dark under eye circles. Goodness knows I have them ALL the time. I have found a super awesome way to fix this. I can't take credit for this, not at all, I originally found this tip on Kandee Johnsons blog. She rocks by the way. Its a quick little tutorial so feel free to check it out on Youtube, I think she probably explains the WHY's a bit better but here is my version of it in photographs with my few little quirks and changes that I've made. P.S. I realize that mine aren't crazy bad in the first picture below but they usually are, I just got lucky and had a good amount of sleep the night before.



Step By Steps (day by day... please tell me I'm not the only one who watched that show):

Click to make it bigger if you want to see the detailed shots better of if you want to see my awesome pores.

Step 1: Smile at those under eye circles. (image 1)
Step 2: Find a concealer that you like. Personally, I use the L'Oreal Concealer in C 1-2-3, I prefer it because its not a thick concealer that feels gunky and heavy.
Step 3: Start applying dots, or streaks (image 3 and 4)of your concealer into a triangle from your inner eye going towards your nose then to your outer corner of your eye and then meet back up to the inner corner (see image 4).
Step 4: Blend your concealer into your skin (image 5). I usually blend it a little too much into my upper cheek bone but you will see why in a second.
Step 5: Look at how lovely that looks (image 6 - eye on the left has been worked on but not on the right).  If you use a thicker concealer do what Kandee does and use a second darker concealer over that same triangle to make it blend the color better. Like I said I use the 1 because it is lighter and not super make-upy so on me it looks more natural.
Step 6: Now lets get that concealer to stick, we just did all that work (ya know the 2 seconds to make a triangle and blend) and we want it to have some staying power. So take a sponge and press it onto a powder and press it under your eyes where you just put the concealer (image 7), I blend a little below to keep things matching.
Step 7: Take a little bronzer and a bronzer brush and add a little to under your eyes and into your cheek bones and all over (image 8). I do this to help blend the colors together and I don't look like I have a pale face and look like a Cullen.
Step 8: Grab your blush and blush brush and apply it your cheek and then a little above to kinda blend it a little (image 9). Not too close to your under eyes because you don't want to have red under eyes. That would be weird.
Step 9: Look at your pretty face. Image 10 shows 1 eye fixed (left) and one eye not (right).

Here is why I like doing this, because I can do this super quickly right after lunch and its just something that can be done in a flash. Wham Bam Thank you Ma'am!!! Please tell me I'm not the only one who says that.

That's it. Hope this helps some!

xo, Steph


I was selected for this sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective. Click here to learn more about Makeup.com or become a Facebook fan by clicking here.

8 comments:

  1. Sweet Stephanie! Good tips! I will soooo be trying it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips and info! What do you do if you have under eye circles that extend most of the way down your face? ; )

    And you don't look like a Cullen! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tutorial! I'm struggling with my second cold in a matter of weeks, so I'll be trying these tips ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really helpful tips! Thanks for sharing!

    http://woodstockwardrobe.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pics! What program do you use to add the backgrounds/borders?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Robin With An I

    Thanks Robin. I use Photoshop for everything. I have a background in Photography so I have a ton of blogging templates that I use to do my backgrounds, borders and watermarking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to know! I have an old version of Photoshop lying around somewhere. I should probably try it out again. It's been a few years. Plus, Paint can only do so much (i.e. nothing really lol).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this tut. I just use my regular foundation to do about the same thing. It's interesting to see what difference bronzer\blush make. I was told by a makeup artist I should use powder to fix the concealer, but I never do. You look great by the way!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. Its what all the cool kids are doing... or maybe not but you should still do it. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...