homeabout""fashiondiypr friendlylets chat

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Bronzers make me Blush: A Little tutorial on Bronzers and Blushes


Thanks to Walgreens for underwriting this post. I was paid as a member of the Clever Girls Collective, but the content is all mine. Visit http://www.discoverbeautywithin.com/.

So here's the thing. I'm a Southern California Girl living in Tennessee and I haven't had a chance to get out and Tan, this is something I would never admit to if I was still in Cali. I'm pale. I look sickly even. Ok. That might be an exaggeration. But its not cute. So I've become an extremely big fan of self tanners and using bronzers and blush to give a little color . For the purpose of today's post I'm going to talk about how I use my bronzers, blush and highlighters to achieve the sun kissed look. Hooray.



Ok. So first I start off with my Base it consists of:  foundation, concealer and my under eye dark circle tutorial that I posted here and today I already had my eyes done so that too.

Then I grab an angled brush and I grab my favorite bronzer and begin in the hollows of my cheek bones. Sweeping towards my ears. Then I sweep it around the top of my forehead and chin really just trying to have an an even tone around my face. And don't forget that neck. Nothing is worse than having a nice bronzed face and then a pale neck.

Next up I pick up my ruby red blush and still using the angled brush blush  I sweep the blush in the hollows of my checks and a teeny tiny bit on my actual cheeks - but not too much because I'll look like a clown.

Then grab a fluffy blush brush and a pink-ish blush. I sorta squish my brush almost making it flat and sweep it on my cheeks but not into the hollows of my cheeks.

Last but not least I use my same fluffy blush brush and again I flatten it and dip it into my highlighter powder and put over the pink blush but not into a sweeping motion but like I'm dipping it onto my face. Here is why it's so great. It adds a shimmer that brings light to your face and just brightens it making you look pretty and adding some dimension to your face. Then you're done. Hooray!



I sure hope this was helpful to some. I know when I was first learning some things I was a little confused. I'm still learning. There are a lot of great resources out there so search on Youtube and Google. That's how I learned things.

xo, Steph

0 Lovely Notes:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. Its what all the cool kids are doing... or maybe not but you should still do it. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...