homeabout""fashiondiypr friendlylets chat

Saturday, December 3, 2011

25 Days of Christmas - Day 3: Movies and Mr Magoo



My dad, oh my dad... Growing up we had this VHS (you hear that kids a VHS) that my dad had recorded on the VCR (that one too kids) and we would watch it every Christmas more than a few times.  I never really enjoyed it, to be quite honest with you. I was a kid and I was super bratty and I didn't want to do what we did as a family... like watch the 7 different Christmas movies he had recorded onto that VHS. Fast forward to last year I was talking to my dad on the phone. I asked him to burn me a copy of that VHS onto a DVD and send it to me. I really missed those old Christmas movies that I had grown up loving! He said he wasn't sure if he would be able to because he didn't have a recorder. So I told him to send it to me since we had one. Well... a few days later I checked my mail and found a package in there from my dad. He had found a dvd set that basically had every movie from the VHS on it. Clearly someone knew I would have a need for this. So now I have this wonderful DVD set that I love watching. I make David sit with me so I can watch the best one of the whole set, Mr Magoo's Christmas Carol. How funny is it to see Mr. Magoo get into all those crazy situations, he's like the original Mr. Bean but in a cartoon. HA!  So this is the DVD set I have. Filled with lots of fun memories that I had as a kid. It makes me happy and sappy all at the same time. I won't lie to you internet, I cry almost everytime I watch this DVD.



P.S. Kids if you're reading this, enjoy your time as a kid watching dumb Christmas movies cause when you're almost 30 you will miss that time. FOR SURE!
xo, Steph

0 Lovely Notes:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment. Its what all the cool kids are doing... or maybe not but you should still do it. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...